THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

I Heart Diversity

One of the things I think I love the most about my friends is how diverse they are.  I know when people generally talk about diversity they are talking about race, but that is not what I'm talking about...although I do have friends from many different ethnic backgrounds.  In this case the diversity I am talking about is diversity of views.  I absolutely love the fact that I have so many close friends and yet on almost any given issue at least two of us completely disagree.  I think it's fantastic that we can get into passionate discussions about morals, politics, ethics, and life in general and in the end walk away with respect and love for each other as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have often thought that I feel sorry for Christians who agree on scripture and yet disagree on some silly opinion of what to watch on tv, or who to vote for and yet cannot get along because of it.  That seems ridiculous to me.  I am so thankful that I am surrounded by friends that disagree with me on issues.  It challenges me to think about why I hold the beliefs I do and also reminds me to not insult or degrade the other side because there are awesome people that disagree with me.  Also I love living in a country where both sides of any issue can freely express their thoughts.  So bring on the different views and opinions!  But in the end, Christians,  let's remember we serve the same God and that in the end....well, we're all on the same side. :)




Way to be Tea Party friends...this post is dedicated to you.  <3 lol (don't get used to it) ;)

Shame on me for writing three blogs in a row but having them posted at different times to make myself look more diligent. :)

1 comments:

Faith said...

You better be careful, we might start expecting blog posts from you every day! ;) And yeah, I agree, it adds spice to life having a variety of people of different opinions surrounding you!