THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Four Letter Word



Ok so we've all seen that sign before.  It's pretty obvious that music has morally declined which is evident in the amount of bad language, and sexual content that is in most modern songs.  However, I want to talk about a four letter word that scares me far more than any of the other four letter words used in music.  In fact this word is rarely ever mentioned in songs at all...but tons of songs are full of it.  What I am talking about is hate.


Perhaps I am just another liberal pointing my finger at the music industry and blaming it on things.  However, I don't think it's a coincidence that the media that is popular with a lot of teens is so full of violence and hate and at the same time teen bullying and violence is at an all time high, and because of that so is teen suicide.  Again, I am certainly not blaming music on all of this...humans are sinful, there are a lot of factors.  However most of us believe that if someone constantly surrounds themselves by sexually explicit things that it will have an effect on the way they think, the way they view women, and the way they view intimacy.  I think it logically follows that exposure to hatefulness causes people to devalue others, to be less likely to just leave the kid that they don't like alone, to be less likely show tolerance of people that are different than them.


A great example of this is Eminem.  I admit, he is a stinkin' talented guy.  I like some of the collaborations he has done.  But holy crap....what a creep!  If you take time to look up lyrics to many of his songs he is disgustingly violent and hateful towards people, and he is just one of many popular artists that sells hate to my generation.  In fact I feel so strongly about it that I would say I'd worry less about someone if they were listening to a ton of songs with bad language and other bad lyrics than if they were listening to a ton of songs about killing people you hate, or songs about bullying others and degrading them.  Not saying the other songs are in any way good...i just think hate is that bad.


To sum things up:  I'm not picking on those of you that listen to those artists...I know there are bands I listen to that people could take moral offense to on different grounds, but I just want people to consider if their music is causing them to be a more loving person, or a less loving person, and if the artists they support are working to prevent the current trends of suicide, violence, and bullying, or if they are glorifying and contributing to the hate.  Maybe if we as a nation were less tolerant of hatred, bullying, and violence people like Eminem wouldn't have a career.  Idk...just a thought.


P.S.
Way to be Mill Creek youth for your love and acceptance of other people, and for the way I can see Christ through you both at church and on facebook.


Shame on you nasty nasty spider that crawled onto my face scaring the crap out of me....if Eminem wrote a nasty hateful song about you I do not think I would mind it so much...in fact I might even buy it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha, loved that "shame on you".
and i enjoy reading your blogs. Wish more people read mine! bahahaha.