THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Remember that day I started a blog?

So I have finally done it.  I have taken the time to start a blog.  How much time?  Well I'm not going to say...although I will say it appears that I am still super anal with designing things.  This is why it takes me hours just to make one person on The Sims.  My vision for this blog is to be a place for me to talk about life and ministry after graduation.  I also plan to end each blog with a "way to be" and a "shame on you" statement.  The title of this blog is from my one of my favorite Bible verses, which is also located in one of my favorite books of the Bible.   Habakkuk 3:19 "The Lord God is my strength, He makes my feet like hinds' feet, He makes me walk on high places".  I want this to be a constant reminder to me that no matter what is going on in life, God is my strength.


Speaking of those "high places", yesterday was one of those days that God really used to lift me up.  First, I found out that I could go home a day early for Thanksgiving break!  Woohoo!  Then the teacher of my very last class let me out of class forty-five minutes early giving me just enough time to make it home to go to a GAG meeting.  For those of you that don't know GAG stands for "Guys Accountability Group".  A group of guys in our youth group meet once a week to encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and to study God's word.  I can't express what a joy it was to be able to hear teen guys excited about studying God's word together!  Those are the kind of days that make everything that is hard about ministry worth it.


So today...
Way to be Evan, Elijah, Zach, Ramsey, and Isaiah for making my night, and Sarah Grout for letting me out of class early.


Also, shame on you Stewart for trying to bite me....you should know better!

JPS

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, Jonathan, can't wait to read more! I also like that you are anal about making this organized because I quite enjoy it being organized. :)

I like the verse you chose. No matter how low we are, God can (and does, and will) lift us up high for His glory.

Unknown said...

pahahaha. look at Stewart on your side :)

Faith said...

Love it.